Translate

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Embroiderer's Garden

Just returned from teaching Kutchwork to a batch of 7 students. It was a 4 day course. 5 out of the 7 mastered the technique. They want me to extend the duration to atleast one more day to clear all their doubts. So, I'll be busy tomorrow also.
After that who knows, they may sign up for my other courses.

I bought a couple of books on my trip to Chennai last week.

The Embroiderer's garden by Thomasina Beck is one.
I bought it because after reading so many craft blogs I noticed that most avid embroiderers are also avid gardeners. The title naturally made me curious and after browsing through it, I simply had to have the book. As the title implies, there are all sorts of wonderful gardens done in applique, counted thread, blackwork, brazilian stlye. There are no instructions. Plenty of ideas for compositions and some very striking examples but no instructions. Nevertheless it is a good book.

The second book is The Anchor Book of hardanger Embroidery. It contains dom 40 stitches and motifs.

1 comment:

abeautifulcraft said...

Hello Bhavani, I had to laugh at your boys being under your feet. We have holidays here at the moment and well and I'm suffering much the same. I'm so waiting for school to go back! lol
I look forwards to seeing your tiny basket you made when you can get a photo. hugs Sandie