There is this wonderful tutorial for all silk ribbon embroidery (SRE) stitches here. I discovered this really good blog through Sharon's PIN TANGLE
Click on pictures to enlarge
While working on this, I discovered some interesting facts about myself.
- When I find something new and interesting, I am like a bull in a china shop.
- Apparently, my patience quotient is next to zero - and it shows in my work.
- Its ok to do something slowly and not okay to do something imperfectly just because I want to finish it fast.
- You can't not have the time to do something properly the first time round but have the time to do it again. Huh! Come again? Think about it.
- The needles - though my pony no.7 needles have a big enough eye, I could not thread the ribbons. I ended up using a tapestry needle which of course is very blunt and thick and not suitable. I got away with it since the fabric I used was denim. I am now hunting for a suitable needle.
- I should have checked for the suitability of the ribbons for specific stitches - I didn't and hence the shabby stem stitches in the 2nd pic - bull in china shop.