Translate

Monday, June 12, 2006

Lagartera Embroidery

Lagartera is a style of Spanish 16th century embroidery that originated in a village of Lagartera, Spain The main stitches used are stroke stitch (Holbein stitch), the satin stitch blocks and the four-sided stitch.  Considering the nature of the stitches, this embroidery is worked on even weave fabric.

Sometime in 2006, I came across a website with a lot of information about this style of embroidery. Unfortunately, it's no longer there and the there is dearth information regarding this. I save the pages mainly for the images. So, I do have something to work with.

I decided to use these stitch images and dream up my own combinations and this is what I came up with. I simply started at the center and added proceeded as the mood took me. I am yet to chart it. When I do, I'll add the link to it here.


Update: 25/3 2014 - Here's the chart.

No comments: