Translate

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Motif # 3


I will use chains in motif #4. I realise that the extra chain will open out the groups at the base. I hope it will form a triangle so I can use it as a corner insertion for a hand towel.



This motif is a slightly modified version of a DMC pattern. I don't know the name of the book as I have only a couple of pages. The heading one of the pages says Motifs for applique. The page also has the DMC symbol.

I reduced the number of ds in the rings and the number of picots in the chain. As per the original instructions, the pattern is worked in 2 rounds. I used split rings to work this pattern.

Better write dOWN all the instructions before I forget.

The chain between rings 11 and 16 is another change I made. The original pattern has no chain.

I don't like the way the motif looks after I weaved in the ends. I is obvious I need lots more practice. I usually use the ends to sew the motif to fabric.

I want to try out the same motif increasing the number of picots in the rings. maybe that will be Number 4.

I was wondering how to use beads instead of chains in the drawing above.

Then I saw Sharon's comment. It never occurred to me that I could work the chain last. That meant I did not have to think too much. Just use the beads instead of chains and I could not resist trying it out immediately. So motif #3 turned out differently than intended.

No comments: