Translate

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ideas for Designs

This wonderful blog, Print And Pattern as the name implies is full of wall paper prints and designs on coffee mugs.

The designs I've posted below are just a 10th of what was posted in Dec!

Do pop over and treat your eyes to a well deserved feast!

Most of the designs  in Print and Pattern would lend themselves well to Embroidery, Applique, Patchwork and Painting.

Here are a few of my favourites -

 - a beautiful design that can be used for applique on a cushion. The colour combination too is pleasing.



The 2nd picture too screams Applique but Embroidery too would work.
- very interesting combination of - should I call them textures?

I am a big fan of the monochromatic color scheme.

It would be interesting trying to reproduce this.

- the closed eyes and the upward tilt of the neck lend an endearingly haughty , lofty expression to the birds in the next 3 pictures.

Embellished with typical ethnic stitches, they'd make an interesting series.

Hmm... let me see... maybe on my sofa cushions.

One more project on my steadily growing to do pile...


- cute adorable owls  on baby clothes?
painted appliqued or embroidered?

If you liked this post, Print and Pattern is the spot to be.

No comments: