Translate

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crochet Edging on Kurtha - With Instructions

Another one of my  kutras got a new look with this crochet edging and the stones sewed onto the white petals.


Right now I am working on a Delta Crochet turorial. The flowers in this edging somewhat resemble the flowers in Delta Crochet - that's what made me want to try out this pattern in the first place - and I just happened to have yarn of almost the same shade...

I found it in the book, "CROCHETED EDGINGS & INSERTIONS" downloaded from Antique pattern library. There are plenty of other lovely edgings in the book. Do pop over and take a peek.  Here's a picture of the edging and the instructions.  You'll find that it involves fastening off every time you complete the first row.

I have my own instructions for this pattern.
Chain 9
Row 1: 1 dc into the 2nd chain from hook. 1 dc into each of the next 7 dc, 1 ch Turn.
Row 2: 8 dc into each of the 8 dc below, 3 ch, turn
Row 3: 2 tr cluster into the same space as 3 ch, 3 tr cluster into the last dc, 3 ch turn.
Row 4: 2 tr cluster in the same space as 3 chains, 7 chains join to the base of the 2nd cluster made, 3 dc, 3 ch, 2 dc, 3 ch, 2 dc, 3 ch, 3 dc into the 7 chain space, 8 ch, 3 tr cluster into the same space as theprevious cluster, 1 ch turn.
Row 5: 1 dc into each of 8 ch below, 1 ch turn.
Row 6 – 7: 1 dc into each of the 8 dc below, 1 ch turn
Rep from row 2 for the required length.
Heading: Join yarn to 1st dc of row 1, 1 dc into next stitch, *chain 7, 1 dc in each of the next 4 stitches rep from *

This is the rough copy of my instructions written as I was working the edging. There are likely to be mistakes, which I'll correct as I work the pattern once again. when I do that I'll as edit these instructions.
In the meantime, please feel free to point out any mistakes in the instructions.

No comments: