- The finished size of the cushion cover I plan to make is 15" x 15". So I cut out 15" x 15" square with 1/4" seam allowance all round.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise and width-wise.
- Mark the fold lines with marking chalk. Mark the center of the fabric. As already mentioned in point 3 above, I'll use some point close to this as my starting point.
- Lines extending up and down from the center mark the center of block 8 lengthwise and the center of block 7 width wise.
- Yes I've divided the entire fabric into blocks of 10 holes as marked by the red lines in the picture above. I have 15x13 blocks.
Learn traditional needlework, embroidery, appliqué, Kasuti, faggoting, stitches, heirloom techniques, tutorials and projects from an embroidery enthusiast with over 30 years of experience.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
How to Prepare Fabric for Counted Thread Embroidery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment